1156
By the Maker, this Blogger is annoying. Or possibly it’s google docs that’s annoying. Or perhaps it’s just user-error.
I write this spew, initially, in a google doc, then copy-paste it over to Blogger, which always seemed to work ok, but, of late, it’s led to a crazy lack-of-word-wrap problem. Rather than the text wrapping when the blogpost is posted in blogger, the lines stay ‘long’ and consequently disappear off the edges of the text column. Infuriating.
I’ve tried various techniques to get it to NOT do this, such as copypasting into various combinations of Word, Keep, and Notepad, before finally pasting into Blogger. It’s only the Notepad route that reliably works (thanks to the ability to select “word wrap” in Notepad, I guess) but going that way results in the text becoming plain text, thus losing formatting (which is why I think I’ll switch from italicising to SHOUTY CAPS - laziness at having to reformat emphases), hyperlinks, and images.
Obviously, the real solution is to use HTML, a proper blogging platform that isn’t super-bloaty, and some actual effort, but I am so, so, deeply lazy, that that isn’t going to happen.
Anyway, what’s the latest on the replacement screen front?
The cheeky low-ball offer was countered by an offer very nearly at the original asking price, which is fair enough, but I won’t be haggling.
So I went for the cheapo complete TOUCHSCREEN assembly, which was a bit of a bargain at £14 (hey, if they have offers enabled, I’m gonna make an offer; it’s how I do selling on eBay too), but I guess we’ll see how much of a bargain it works out being when, a) I see how bad this weird blobby glue is during use, and b) if it actually works.