Saturday 7 March 2009

No one here day.

There really is no one on Bananaworld today.

This was going to be a long and drawn out entry, but I've decided to do an abridged version, being quite the lazy chap that I am.
  1. It's nice that the days are getting longer. The duskometer I'm currently using is seeing how light it is when I leave work on Saturdays at 1800. It's getting lighter.
  2. I can't wait until Jade Goody is dead and she and her thug of a 'husband' are forgotten.
  3. Once again I failed to describe to somehow the incredible injustices that are committed daily on the roads with complete impunity. As a cyclist I have no chance of comeback against car & van drivers that overtake dangerously, fail to give way safely at roundabouts and generally persistently endanger slower road users such as cyclists. When a driver overtakes me too close and too fast, what can I do about it? Usually the answer is nothing: I can have no retribution. That driver will continue to drive badly, not only intimidating other people, but continually risking a collision. I would like to make it very clear that my chosen method of death is 'death by cop', following a "spree" of killings of drivers who are dangerous, idiotic, continue to show off and use excessive speed. I would feel no guilt about killing these people, as they cannot be taught to change their ways.
  4. It is accepted that people with some sort of congenital or acquired physical condition have a limited lifespan and that the disorder will kill them some time before they might otherwise be expected to live. I have not heard of this acceptance for mental disorders. Perhaps people with certain mental health issues are not supposed to have a full lifespan in the same way that people with these physical disorders are not expected to live as long as the average. I wonder how many "tragic suicides" by depressed people are simply cases where the virtual workings of the brain (as opposed to the physical workings of the body) have inspired the events leading to death. By this I mean where a physical disorder kills in itself, a mental (virtual, in a sense) disorder has no physical means of ending the life of the affected person, other than by inspiring suicide. Then again, is depression a mental disorder at all? The flip-flop moods seen in some cases are doubtless caused my chemical, therefore physical, imbalances and variations, which lead to the affected mental states. Perhaps the route that this particular physical disorder takes in order to kill the afflicted is an indirect one involving an altered mental state leading to an action that results in death. This would confirm the description of depression given to me by a medical professional as "life threatening".
  5. Today Bananaworld started its twenty-ninth orbit of Sol. I'm beginning to think that perhaps I've been around the Sun too many times. Whilst the Sun is pretty cool (or not...) nothing actually changes with each orbit these days.
  6. I like sharks.
  7. I had a dream a few weeks ago of a conversation with an unknown someone in which we compared the bass lines of the 'Doctor Who' theme tune and the Blackfoot Sue song 'Standing In The Road'.

No comments: